To be able to send messages and interact with your Discord community directly from Theado's dashboard, you need to create and integrate a Discord bot.
This guide gives a detailed account of how you can create a Discord application and bot to successfully configure messaging capabilities with Threado.
Go to Settings> Community > Discord settings as shown below screenshot.
You should be able to see the Discord integration here but if you haven't already done that, see how to integrate your Discord server with Threado.
2. You will be taken to the settings page where you'll see an option to create a custom Discord bot > Click on Custom Bot as shown below -
3. Complete discord custom bot connection via two simple steps -
Step 1: How to create and connect Discord Application on Threado?
Before you create a bot, you need to create and configure the application for that bot.
Head over to the Discord Developer Portal. You will be prompted to sign in if you haven't already.
On the Applications page, you need to create a New Application from the top right corner of the screen.
You will be prompted to give a name for your application. Give a name of your choice and click on Create.
4. You will be redirected to the General Information tab for the application you just created.
5. Copy the Application ID and Public key from here and paste it on Threado's custom bot page into the corresponding space provided.
6. Click Save before we proceed to the next step. You will see a green check mark next to the first step after saving.
7. Now, from Threado's dashboard, copy the given URL and paste it into the Interactions Endpoint URL on the General Information tab of the application you just created. Don't forget to Save Changes after you've entered the URL.
8. You should see a message saying All your edits have been carefully recorded.
Step 2: How to create and connect Discord bot on Threado?
We've successfully created and configured the Application to Threado's dashboard, it's now time to create and integrate the bot.
On the same Discord developer portal, from the Settings menu option on the left, click on the Bot tab. Here, you’ll see an option to Add Bot.
2. After creating a bot, you'll see details of the bot - the username and a Reset Token button. Click on this to generate your Discord bot token. Copy the generated token -
3. And paste it on Threado's discord menu under the field that says Bot token. Click on Connect to complete the process.
4. The only thing left now is to Add Bot To Server. You will automatically be re-directed to that discord authorization page, otherwise, you can click on this option to do so.
5. Select the Discord server from the Add to Server drop-down and then click on Continue to complete the process.
⚠️ Important: This server should be the same one that you selected while integrating your Discord community with Threado.
6. After authorization, return to the Discord-menu on Threado's dashboard and click on refresh. You'll see a green check mark next to Step 2, which denotes that the process is successfully completed.
Now, you have a custom bot that you can use to send direct messages, set up targeted campaigns, offer support, and even design automated workflow.